Thursday, November 18, 2010

"to love another person is to see the face of God"

so here I am.
I've been pretty quiet on here for the past several weeks, because honestly I didn't feel like I had anything to say. I pretty much failed the 30 day blog challenge, I only made it to day twenty something. I'm fine with that though, because you can only write so many posts strictly about yourself, and pictures of the same thing over and over. An honestly, it's not like people even read this anyways. I'm sure that my not blogging for a while didn't cause frustration, angst, or tears. I would like to be able to document most of the major happenings of my life to look at down the years, but sometimes you just dont have time. I'm okay with this. As I told Brianna last friday during our Red Velvet "I am not a slave to the internet." If I don't feel like blogging, then I am not going to blog. It is that simple.
I feel that in my life, the internet is a HUGE distraction. I'll get online to check my facebook and catch up on my daily blog reads and the next thing I know what should have been a maybe 20 minute thing has turned into hours due to my addiction to hulu and netflix. This being said, I've been trying to just spend less time in the virtual world, and more time in the real one.
During my hiatus I did things that I had been wanting to do for sometime, but I couldn't ever "find the time to do." I baked a lot. I spent much more time on my school work. I read books. I did crafty stuff. I spent time with my grandparents, and played with my little brother. I hung out a lot with Tyler. I did things with friends. I lived life.  and it felt good. really good.  Well thats all I have to say about that :)

In other news: Tyler's school is doing a production of Les Miserables this week. I have already been to two showings of it, and I'm going to two more on Friday and Saturday. I LOVE IT.  At first I was unsure about it. I mean it is 2 and 1/2 hours of straight singing. It's all about death.  But oh my word it is absolutely beautiful. I could watch it every day and love it more and more. Tyler is playing the role of Marius(which is funny because that the character that Nick Jonas is playing for the 25th anniversary production on Broadway and Tyler HATES the Jonas Brothers) Have I already talked about how Tyler can sing? Oh. My. Gosh. He can sing! his voice is so beautiful and lovely I could listen to it all day long. He is also an incredible actor. Oh how I love him so :)

It is super cold here today, and I woke up late so I'm breaking my "never wear sweats to college" rule. I feel like a walking cliche.


this is me being disgusted at myself for not wearing sweats. oh well...I'll get over it :)

2 comments:

  1. I wear sweats as much as possible to school. I'm not dressing up for these people unless I have to. Just like you aren't a slave to the internet I'm not a slave to their opinions of me. And I read your blog. So don't say nobody reads it. Because really nobody reads my blog. It's a bunch of nothingness of only paragraph long posts so that could be why....

    ReplyDelete
  2. you not blogging DID cause me frustration, angst and tears!!!!! Everyday!!!! :) just kidding. But i love reading your words. :)

    -the end.

    ReplyDelete