Tuesday, June 28, 2011

soapbox.


I've blogged about this before, and I will blog about it again. I think that the amount of pressure that us girls (and guys? maybe?) have put on us to be perfect is completely ridiculous.. We need to have flawless skin that never breaks out, skinny little bodies and big boobs (mostly made by plastic surgery), be tan, and always act perfect. This is impossible, and it's also sick. I have a huge problem when it comes to my self-image, and self-esteem. As much as I can try to love myself, and embrace my imperfections, the expectations of this world are always knocking me down.
 We all need to know that the people that we see on the cover of magazines are not real. They are mostly airbrushed and plastic. We are made just like we are for a reason, and that reason is simply this: God wants us this way. Saying that we hate anything about ourselves is basically telling God that he made a mistake. You are made how you are, because one day you will be able to touch somebodies life because you are you.
I wish that we all (myself included) could realize just how special we are, and the being different isn't a bad thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment