Thursday, January 27, 2011

I want to be clothed much.

Clothes are a major obsession of mine. I get a kajillion catalogs via Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, and Domino, (this one is for my weakness for adorable interior design). I also subscribe to Teen Vogue. It seems as if everytime I turn around, new styles and trends, and reborn classics are slapping me in the face. I spend WAY too much time daydreaming about having my "dream wardrobe" and just imagining how perfect life could be if I just had some of those cute peices. I know, I'm really lame.
Annnnyways, due to certain things popping up in my life *cough*wantingtobemarriednextsummer*cough* I really need to cut back on my spending and really work with what I have. I have a terrible habit of never wanting to wear the same outfit twice, so I really need to work on my mix and match skills. 
A blog that really really really inspires me is CLOTHED MUCH.
Clothed much is a modest fashion blog that is written by one of the cutest people ever, Elaine. Her writing style, is hillarious, and she really rocks what she has in her wardrobe. She also doesn't spend outrageous amounts of money on clothes either. Which is also inspiring.
Last night at church, Jared talked about how God says not to worry about the clothes that you wear, for clothes will eventually be destroyed one day. I mean really, it's true. Moths are gonna eat all our stuff up once we're gone. Gross. But anyways, his lesson really got me thinking about how I spend way too much time worrying about what I'm wearing, and buying new clothes.
This spring I am going to challenge myself. I don't want to buy anything unless it is completely nessecary, on sale, or if I have a gift card. I also think that it would be good to give the money that I normally would spend on clothes as a tithe to the lord. I think that will be way more of a blessing than having a huge cute wardrobe that eventually will be out of style, and donated to a thrift store.
I don't really want to turn this into a "look at how cute I was today, and what awesome clothes I have" blog, but I think that taking a daily picture of my outfit and posting it will keep the ideas flowing and be a good way for me to appreciate more what I have. The only problem is that I have not yet figured out how to set the timer on my camera, therefore taking a full body shot of myself presents to be a problem. I guess you just have to be smarter than the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment