Wednesday, April 13, 2011

the amazing power of a good read.

Reading books is something that I let slip away from me once I started college. I mean I've read TONS this past school year, but it was all text book stuff, and it was frenzied because I was trying to cram information into my head for tests and stuff.
I've been trying to make reading a big priority as of late.
It's amazing how much I enjoy time spent with just me and a good book.
I just finished Elixir by Hilary Duff. I know I know, it sounds way lame because it was written by the former Lizzie McGuire. But it was super good.
I had almost forgotten the way that a good book completely drags you into another world, where you forget about yourself, and your problems, and become the character that you are reading about.
I love that.


I'm confused about things this week. I find that I'm having a very difficult time reading people lately. I don't know what I can do to keep everything okay anymore, and I'm tired of feeling like I've always messed up.

(I'm in love with this shirt. but at $35 it is just a price that I cannot justify)

A lot of people think that my life is annoying. It used to bother me a lot, but lately I've learned that you just can't please everyone. The type of person that I am, is the kind that wants to please everyone all the time. I hate saying no to people, and I hate feeling as if I've upset someone. But sometimes you just need to say no, and people need to not get upset so easily. Thats all I have to say about that.


Today has been a great day. I finished my literary analysis, and I think it's going to get a decent grade. I'm hoping for a B, but obviously I'd be happy with an A. Sometimes it not the grade that matters, it if you put your full effort into it. I also got everything with my business group organized, and ready to turn in on friday. Group projects are one of lifes biggest annoyances, but I might as well get used to them since I'm going into business. Wooo Hooo.

(I really enjoy Taylor Swift. She has a way of writing everything that I am thinking.)

Work is really dead right now, and I have absolutely nothing to do. So I guess I'll go blog searching, or play a gazillion games of bubble shooter, or something equally productive.

tootles,
Karasyn

No comments:

Post a Comment