Tuesday, April 12, 2011

summer goals 2011


I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Goals really freak me out. But posting my goals for all the world to see (all 9 of you at least haha) gives me the drive to get them accomplished. Plus it kills the evil procrastinator inside of me :)
I've decided that my goals for this summer are going to be simple, but well worth accomplishing.
here they are...

goal number one
read AT LEAST 20 books. This one shouldn't be too hard for me, because I am a complete read-a-holic in anyways. But sadly, in the summer I get lazy with reading and just watch T.V. or something. Not.Good. This being said, I am going to complile a list of "summer reads" and I am going to read every single one. Even if I don't particulary like it that much. I feel like everyones voice should be heard whenever it comes to literature.

goal number two
read my bible/pray every day. I struggle with this a lot. I think it's becasue I don't have a consistent time that I do my bible studies in, so its hit or miss all the time. I want  to grow in Christ, and learn more about what the bible has to say.

goal number three
practice piano at least every other day. I am such a horrible practicer, it is not even funny!

goal number four
go for a walk/jog/run every other day. In the summer, I really have no excuse not to do this. The weather isn't too extreme, and there is a nice neighborhood right by my house that is perfect for walks and stuff. along with this I want to limit my soda intake to two a month, and not drink as much sweet tea! This could be hard, because sweet tea is always in the fridge in my house. But I shall try and overcome the temptation!

goal number five
put atleast $1000 into savings by the end of August.  This shouldn't be too hard, I just need to watch how I spend my money!

goal number six
take more pictures. This one will probably be the hardest for me. My camera is a Canon PowerShot that is about 5 years old. So obviously it doesn't take the best quality photos or anything. But I want to document the memories of this summer, so I'm going to conquer my fear of the camera!

So these are my goals. I'll come back with this at the end of August, and we'll see how I did!






No comments:

Post a Comment